BENJAMIN W STORY
Information Technology professional with over eight years of experience in networking, servers
and client computing. Works to ensure business needs are met through the efficient use of
technology. Driven to constantly update through professional development opportunities
including structured training, certification testing and reading.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - Routing and Switching (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Routing and Switching (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Wireless (CCNA Wireless)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Vendor relationship management
- Windows, Linux and AIX
- Perl Scripting
- Traditional and IP based Telephony Experience
Technical Analyst III - Networking 2014 - Present
Hospital Sisters Health System Springfield, Illinois
Provided data and voice network engineering for a multi-state hospital system. Worked with colleagues to ensure a highly available network for 14 hospitals and dozens of physician offices.
- Designed and Implemented a new Cisco CallManager for the physicians group.
- Worked on implementation of a new disaster recovery site.
Senior Network Administrator 2008 - 2014
Passavant Area Hospital Jacksonville, Illinois
Provided primary data and voice network support for a small regional hospital ensuring high
availability and security for the healthcare environment. Worked with management and
vendors to procure a complete wired and wireless LAN upgrade in preparation for IP
- Designed, procured and installed a completely new Cisco LAN and Cisco wireless solution to increase uptime, ease troubleshooting and ensure application performance.
- Implemented new network monitoring systems based on open source software to instrument network performance for troubleshooting, capacity planning and process improvement goals.
- Supervised cabling vendors to assure proper installation of new structured cabling systems during construction projects.
- Implemented a telephony review to document the current system, reduce telecom expenses and establish a plan for the eventual replacement of the system with a new IP Telephony system
Network Administrator 2005-2008
Dot Foods, Inc. Mount Sterling, Illinois
Installed and maintained a multistate network with multiple WAN and VPN connections to
connect distribution facilities to the headquarters datacenter. Supported tier I and tier II
support analysts to ensure day to day operations.
- Installed new Cisco LAN infrastructure to provide needed performance and capability additions for a rapidly growing company.
- Worked on the team that designed and installed a new Cisco IP Telephony solution for the corporate headquarters.
- Installed and maintained new blade servers and enclosures.
- Supervised cabling vendors during construction of two major new distribution centers and several warehouse expansions.
- Worked with others to formulate plans for disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Participated in total quality management measurements for network performance byimplementing network performance monitoring tools.
Client Server Technical Analyst 2002-2005
Dot Foods, Inc. Mount Sterling, Illinois
Provided Tier II support for the corporation along with installation of servers and Windows
- Evaluated, selected and installed a new desktop management suite and helpdesk software to reduce the total cost of ownership for workstations.
- Developed and implemented a patch management solution for corporate workstations.
- Implemented secure VPN connectivity for a mobile outside sales force.
- Transitioned Windows domain from NT 4.0 to Windows 2003 Active Directory.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science 1998–2002
Truman State University Kirksville, Missouri
While in college, I worked for the university as a help desk analyst for the Math and Computer
Science Division and later as a networking intern for the Information Technology Services
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Eagle Scout
- Passavant Area Hospital Aspiring Leaders Programs
- Presenter at Tech Feast in Normal, IL